Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday, Abby!

Dear Abigail Ann,

Yesterday, you turned three years old. Wow! I just can't believe it. You had stayed the night with Grandma Dottie and Papa at their hotel so you and Andrew could swim and when you got back to our house in the morning, you ran through the house yelling for me. When you found me, you held out your three fingers and said, "I three now!!" You were so proud.

I looked over at you sitting by Daddy last night and couldn't believe how tall you are, it seems to have happened over night. You were just my baby Sweetness the other day and now you're a Little Girl. I think you had a fun birthday. Since your birthday falls during NFL playoffs, this is the second year in a row that you had a celebration during half-time of the Colts playoff game (Yay, this year they won!). This year, you also had a little party (and lots of presents) on Sunday with Mommy, Daddy, Andrew, Grandma Jamie, Poppy Ted, Grandma Dottie, Papa, and Great-Uncle Sam. You were pretty good the whole weekend, though you did look pretty tired last night after everyone left.

This year, you have grown so much. You are almost completely potty-trained, and have been at this stage for about six months - dry during the day, but you still need a Pull-Up at night. In the last two or three months, you have had hardly any accidents, even during naptime.

You love to sing and dance and there are many many times when I ask you what you are doing and your answer is "Spinning!" as you turn circles in the living room. You haven't hit your head on anything yet, but I'm expecting our first trip to the ER any day now.

It is so hard to leave you to come to work. When I am away, I can't wait to get back to you and your brother because you are both at such a great stage right now. You play together and love each other as I only dreamed you would. It may not last, but right now, it's pretty great. Recently, you discovered puzzles and are starting to learn a few games and your relationship with Andrew has blossomed even more.

These days, we laugh every day. You are so funny and have a wonderful sense of humor. You make the cutest and funniest faces, sometimes unintentionally. And I think you are one of the most beautiful little girls on the planet. I envy your hair. I am in awe at how it can be so similar to mine and yet so very very different.

At times, I'm a little afraid of what the adolescent years are going to bring to us. I am especially afraid on days when you are in a bit of a mood and put up your hand when I'm talking and say, "Don't talka me!" Oh, the teenage fires are going to burn bright...

Here are some of your favorite things right now:
  • your new pink cowboy boots
  • macaroni & cheese
  • Cinderella
  • Smarties candy
  • M&M's
  • Little People
  • playing kitchen
  • puzzles
  • Dora
  • Laurie Berkner (especially "We Are the Dinosaurs")
And we are STILL listening to the Veggie Tale version of Feliz Navidad several times a week - it would be multiple times a day if I allowed it. Christmas music knows no season for you and your brother (who's current favorite is the Veggie Tale rendition of Go Tell It On The Mountain). I have to find a new favorite CD soon!

I love you, my Sweetness.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: